Recipe by the President of the Japanese Okonomiyaki Association!! Kansai-style Okonomiyaki. Great recipe for Recipe by the President of the Japanese Okonomiyaki Association!! This is the recipe passed down from the President of the Japan Okonomiyaki Association. It's authentic, easy to make, and you can enjoy it at home.
On the top side of the pancake, place two or three slices of bacon and fry for a while. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, nagaimo and water. Slowly beat in the okonomiyaki mix until it is well incorporated with the nagaimo/egg mixture. You can have Recipe by the President of the Japanese Okonomiyaki Association!! Kansai-style Okonomiyaki using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Recipe by the President of the Japanese Okonomiyaki Association!! Kansai-style Okonomiyaki
- It’s 150 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- You need 1/4 of Cabbage.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Red pickled ginger.
- You need 200 ml of Tempura crumbs.
- It’s 1 of per okonomiyaki Egg.
- You need 3 of ladles Cake flour.
- It’s 1 of ladle worth Grated yamaimo.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 3 of ladles worth Kombu based dashi stock.
- It’s 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce.
- You need 1 of Aonori.
- You need 1 of Bonito flakes.
- You need 1 of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
Mix the cabbage, kimchee, green onions and pickled ginger into the okonomiyaki batter. When air bubbles start to rise in the middle of the okonomiyaki, turn it over with a spatula and fry while pressing down on it slightly until done. Spread the sauce over the okonomiyaki, top with mayonnaise if you like. The dish can vary depending upon which region of Japan it's made, but it can be found almost anywhere.
Recipe by the President of the Japanese Okonomiyaki Association!! Kansai-style Okonomiyaki instructions
- Roughly mince the cabbage. Finely mince the core..
- Finely chop the pickled red ginger..
- Pour the batter onto the electric griddle at once. The okonomiyaki should be about 15-18 cm and 1-2 cm thick. Lay pork belly slices on top and cook for 2 minutes..
- For tempura crumbs, buy at the deli section of the supermarket instead of using leftover crumbs you made previously. It'll result in better flavor..
- Add 1 ladle of cake flour, 1/3 of the grated yam, 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 ladle of kombu dashi stock to the tempura crumbs and mix together. It's best if the batter is a little thick..
- Add cabbage, pickled red ginger, and egg to the batter and mix it by scooping up and down with a fork to incorporate air..
- Pour the batter onto the hot plate at once. The okonomiyaki should be about 15-18 cm and 1-2 cm thick. Lay pork belly slices on top and cook for 2 minutes..
- Flip the okonomiyaki over and cook for 5 more minutes. Steam emitting from the sides is proof that it is cooking all the way through. Do not press down..
- Flip the okonomiyaki one more time. The pork belly slices should be nice and crispy. Leave it to cook for 3 more minutes..
- Don't worry about spreading the sauce on carefully, just smear a generous amount..
- Once you add lots of aonori and bonito flakes, it's done..
- Okonomiyaki also tastes good with a squirt of mayonnaise on top..
Perhaps the most common version is Osaka-style okonomiyaki, which is also known as the Kansai-style. Osaka is known for an inexpensive and abundant food culture. The other most widely-known version is the Hiroshima-style, which is layered. Pour the Okonomiyaki batter into a round pancake shape in the center of the pan. Dried Seaweed (nori) There are different types of seaweed but the one used for okonomiyaki is called Nori in Japanese.