Savory Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's pie, the British casserole of minced meat and vegetables topped with buttery mashed potatoes, delivers perfection in every bite. This version features extra-rich and creamy mashed potatoes and a hearty, carrot- and pea-studded meat sauce, made ever so slightly in the style of a classic Italian ragù. Whisk in flour and beef broth until smooth.
Shepherd's pie is a meat casserole topped with a layer of mashed potato. It's traditionally prepared with ground or minced lamb. When prepared with ground or minced beef, it's technically known as cottage pie. tatrapedia.com – You can cook Savory Shepherds Pie using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Shepherds Pie
- It’s of Yellow onions.
- You need of Cloves of garlic.
- You need of Bag of potatoes.
- Prepare of 80/20 hamburg.
- It’s of McCormack onion gravy.
- It’s of McCormack mushroom gravy.
- Prepare of Salted sweet cream butter.
- It’s of Buttermilk.
- It’s of Sweet crisp whole corn.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. When I was first learning to cook REAL food, this hearty shepherd's pie was something I made on a regular basis.
Savory Shepherds Pie instructions
- Peel and quarter onions then slice and put in a large skillet with half a stick of butter cook until almost caramelized. Peel and mince garlic set aside. while the onions are cooking peel and quarter potatoes rinse and place in a pot cover with water and start cooking. add hamburger and garlic to onions cook until meat is brown. drain into a measuring cup then put the meat and onion mixture back into the skillet. add enough water to the measuring cup to bring it up to the 2 cup line. put back in the skillet with the gravy mixes cook until thickened. put in a 13×9 baking dish. check the potatoes they are done when they are fork tender. open and drain the 3 cans of corn then spread them on top of the hamburger. drain potatoes when they are fork tender the put back in the pot with the 2 sticks of butter mash together. then with a Hand mixer slowly add butter milk whipping as you go salt and pepper to taste. spread on top of corn bake at 375 for 30 minuets.
It is loaded with colorful, seasonal vegetables and hearty meats. I layer the top with mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower, or mashed yams, depending on what I have in the kitchen. Classic, Savory Shepherd's Pie (With Beef and/or Lamb) Years ago, while studying in London, I noticed a critical detail in the way a lot of Brits eat that helps explain why their food often gets a bad rap from outsiders. Traditional Shepherd's Pie is hearty and comforting, but a little plain-jane. Our upgrade adds layers of flavor with ground pork, tangy balsamic vinegar, and smoked paprika.