Potato Salad. Find Deals on Potatoes Salad in Groceries on Amazon. Most potato salads look and taste better when made with low-starch red boiling potatoes. Choose potatoes that are all roughly the same size, if possible, so they cook in the same time.
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Drain and cool to room temperature. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. You can cook Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- It’s 3 lb of petite red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of mayo.
- You need 2 Tbs of mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped (optional).
- It’s 8 of hard-boiled eggs, chopped.
This is potato salad the old-fashioned way, with eggs, celery and relish. Choose waxier potatoes if you want the salad to hold up well for picnics or big gatherings. Red or yellow potatoes, like a red new potato or Yukon rose (red-skinned, golden flesh) or gold (yellow-skinned with golden flesh). Russets or baking potatoes are starchier and will easily fall apart when stirred into a salad.
Potato Salad step by step
- In a medium stockpot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to medium-high and cook for 30 minutes. Must be fork tender, if not sure cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool. (Cool for 45 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, hard boil eggs in a sauce pan. Cover eggs with water. Bring to boil and cook for 12 minutes. Drain water and then put eggs under cool water until they are cool enough to peel..
- While eggs and potatoes are cooking, chop onion, celery, and parsley. Add into a large mixing bowl wit mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Chop eggs and potatoes once cool and mix into the salad..
Potato Salad is a classic recipe for good reason, this creamy salad is easy to make ahead of time making it the perfect potluck dish! This creamy old-fashioned potato salad uses very simple ingredients to make bright flavors. Lots of creamy mayonnaise, a hint of mustard and sweet pickles (or relish). The Best Potatoes for Potato Salad Small yellow, white, or red potatoes are best for potato salad. The potatoes maintain their natural moisture and sweetness this way.