Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese. Find Deals on Italian Tomato Sauce in Pantry Staples on Amazon. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the mascarpone and cook over moderately.
Mandy's Tomato, Basil, Mascarpone Sauce recipe: This is a sauce that goes beautifully with anything. It is especially good when spooned over cooked chicken. It can be used to actually cook chicken in (or meat of your choice). You can cook Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese
- You need of Tomato.
- You need of Basil leaves.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Mascarpone cheese.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Fine salt.
- Prepare of White pepper powder.
Also good with fish as it has a delicate flavour and it is fan-blooming-tastic with low carb pasta. (if you cant eat tomato then you could substitute chopped red pepper. Add the tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and dried basil to a saucepan. In the meantime cook the pasta according to the package instructions in another saucepan. Once the sauce is ready, remove from the heat and mix in the mascarpone cheese until completely melted.
Tomato Basil Sauce with Mascarpone & Parmesan Cheese step by step
- Remove the tomato stem. Slightly cross cut the bottom and boil them for 30 secs..
- Soak in cold water to cool down and then peel the skin. Take the fruit off the skin with a spoon. This is the richest part, so better use it!.
- Mince onion and garlic..
- Stir-fry with olive oil well. Be careful not to burn it..
- Add tomato and break it gently with a spatula..
- Add chopped basil and mix..
- Add salt & pepper and mix..
- Add parmesan cheese and mix. (If you would like to make a "tomato & basil", skip this step.).
- Stop the heat and blend..
- Add mascarpone and mix. (If you would like to make a "tomato & basil", skip this step.).
- Simmer with low heat for 10-15 mins..
- If you would like to keep them longer… Boil washed & empty jam jars and lids first to sterilize. Put the jars in the water before boiling to avoid breakage. Boil the jars for 10 mins., remove, and then do the lids for 5 mins..
- Pour the sauce in it and close the lid..
- Boil the jars for 15 mins..
- Use stickers or labels to decorate if you desire!.
- I used this sauce! "Gulten-free! Potato & Rice Bake". Recipe ID : 13209446.
Pour a good glug of olive oil into a large saucepan on a medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and cook for just one more minute. Remove from heat, and stir in the mascarpone cheese. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.