Kipfel cookies. Roll out small pieces of dough in confectioner's sugar. Put a small amount of filling on each piece and roll up; shape each into crescent shape. I also made the linzer tarts with the same dough, and they came out wonderfully.
Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Stir in flour and pecans, mix thoroughly. Make hole in the middle to put other ingredients. You can cook Kipfel cookies using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kipfel cookies
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of pecans, finely chopped.
Add yeast, water, salt, vanilla, sugar, eggs, baking powder and butter to middle of flour. Beat the butter until smooth, add sour cream and mix until incorporated and smooth again. The cookie sheet is ungreased since there's so much butter in the dough. The dough has to be chilled and stay that way, otherwise it will spread everywhere.
Kipfel cookies step by step
- Cream butter and 1/3 cups confectioners sugar. Add vanilla and salt. Stir in flour and pecans, mix thoroughly..
- Roll the dough 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured board..
- Cut strips 2.5 inches long. Form into crescent shapes..
- Bake on an un-greased cookie sheet in a hot (400 degree) oven for 10 minutes..
- Dust with confectioners sugar while cookies are warm. Makes 3.5 dozen cookies..
Vanillekipferl (German Vanilla Crescent Cookies) are traditional German Christmas Cookies made with ground nuts and dusted with vanilla sugar! They are tender, nutty and melt in your mouth. A perfect cookie to make ahead that's always a hit. Browse our assortment of products made daily from scratch! All Of Our Products Are Made From Scratch Daily.