Cornmeal Panko Crusted Catfish with a Sriracha Remoulade. Dip the fish into the egg wash then shake off and place in the seasoned flour and coat well. Line a baking sheet with several layers of paper towels and fit it with a wire rack; set aside. Bread catfish fillets in a mixture of panko and spices.
Dip catfish into egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Catfish stays tender and moist when baked in a crunchy crust of bread crumbs and cornmeal. You can cook Cornmeal Panko Crusted Catfish with a Sriracha Remoulade using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornmeal Panko Crusted Catfish with a Sriracha Remoulade
- Prepare of each Catfish fillets- We have also use -Tilapia (5-7 ounce each).
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of each egg.
- It’s of buttermilk (milk work fine also).
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s of seasoned Panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of Sriracha Remoulade.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of dry mustard.
- It’s of pickle-chopped fine — chopped fine (relish works).
- It’s of parsley -chopped fine.
- Prepare of red onion chopped fine.
- Prepare of Sriracha sauce-add more if you like :).
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of vegetable oil for frying as needed- 1/4 inch in skillet.
A take on traditional New Orleans rémoulade adds a piquant punch. Replace the Cajun or Creole seasoning with a seasoned salt blend or salt-free seasoning. Sprinkle the fish fillets lightly with garlic powder and/or onion powder along with the salt and pepper. Dip the fish in the flour and shake off excess.
Cornmeal Panko Crusted Catfish with a Sriracha Remoulade instructions
- Lightly season the fish with salt..
- Mix the egg and buttermilk together until well combined..
- Mix the flour, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning together..
- Mix the cornmeal, seasoned Panko bread crumbs and the 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning..
- Dip the fish into the egg wash then shake off and place in the seasoned flour and coat well..
- Shake off the excess flour and dip into the egg wash again then shake off slightly and coat with the cornmeal panko mixture..
- Place the coated fillet on a tray and repeat for each fish fillet..
- In a large skillet add 1/4 inch of oil and heat it over a moderate high heat. Add the fish and cook until golden brown and delicious about 3-4 minutes per side..
- If you brown it to fast you could place it on a sheet pan and finish it in a 350 degree oven. Fish take approximately 10 minutes per inch to fully cook. It should be flaky when cut..
- Sriracha Remoulade- Mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate for 1 hour or more..
Dip flour coated fish in the egg white, then roll in the cornmeal mixture. Cornmeal Panko Crusted Catfish With A Sriracha Remoulade Recipe By Southern Fried Catfish Recipe Recipes. Panko crusted fried catfish okie dokie artichokie deep south dish crispy pan fried catfish tigers strawberries fried catfish anese style better than fried catfish you. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Transfer catfish to serving plate and drizzle with warm Jalapeño and Honey BBQ Sauce.