You can cook Classic Cheesecake using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Cheesecake
- It’s 1 8 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese packages.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sour cream (thick).
- Prepare 1 of egg large.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar fine.
- It’s 10 of Digestive biscuits.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Salted Butter.
Classic Cheesecake instructions
- For Base: Crush the digestive biscuits in a chopper until fine and evenly powdered.
- Add melted butter and mix well until the the mixture is evenly mixed..
- Prepare an 8 inch and empty the above mixture. Spread the mixture evenly and press with the back of a spoon to create a thin even layer of crust..
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth using a hand blender.
- Add egg and beat until light and well combined..
- Add sour cream and vanilla essence and beat until volume has slightly increased.
- Pour the mixture into into the pan with crust layered out..
- Place the bakeware into a water bath and bake at 170C or 350F for 50-60 Minutes or until top turns slightly brown.
- Allow the cake to cool. When slightly warm, pop it in the fridge for 2-3 hours..
- Notes: You can top this cake with whipped cream, berries, or berry sauce..