Simple Chinese Cabbage & Chicken Thigh Simmered in Cream Sauce. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Chinese cabbage can also be served raw, like in a salad or slaw. Simply chop the Napa cabbage into very thin strips and add in scallions, a chili, julienned carrots, or other vegetables.
Bok choy is the most well-known type of Chinese cabbage, with its "spoon shaped" green leaves and white stalks that are similar to celery. Bok choy is very adaptable—it can be stir-fried, deep-fried, grilled or steamed. Pot Stickers with Chinese Cabbage Food.com. directions Pour oil into large saute pan over medium heat. You can cook Simple Chinese Cabbage & Chicken Thigh Simmered in Cream Sauce using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Chinese Cabbage & Chicken Thigh Simmered in Cream Sauce
- You need of th Chinese cabbage (400 g).
- It’s of Chicken thigh or breast meat.
- You need of Onion.
- It’s of Butter or margarine.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- You need of Soup stock granules.
- You need of to 230 ml Milk.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper (as desired).
- You need of Fresh parsley (as desired).
Swirl to cover entire bottom of pan. Wash the cabbage first, then shake off excess water. Place the Chinese cabbage on a cutting board and cut in half from top to bottom. Place one half cut-side facing down, then slice diagonally, starting from the stalk end.
Simple Chinese Cabbage & Chicken Thigh Simmered in Cream Sauce instructions
- Cut the thigh meat into bite-sized pieces. Cut the onion diagonally from the core, and roughly chop up the cabbage..
- Add half of the butter to a frying pan and cook the onions until wilted. Add the chicken meat and cook for about 2 minutes..
- Add the remaining butter and cook the cabbage core. Shake in the flour and cook well. Add the milk and stir well with a wooden spoon..
- Add the cabbage leaves and soup stock and boil for 5 minutes. Flavor with salt and pepper and top with parsley..
- This is a cream sauce so it doesn't use a lot of milk. If you want to make a lot add milk while also slightly increasing the amount of flour..
This is the best way to slice for stir-fries, steaming, etc., as it provides the most surface area. Infuse the oil with aromatics and then toss at a high heat, this adds a smoky flavor to the sweet fried cabbage to make a quick and delicious side dish. On a Chinese dinner table, there are always a few vegetable dishes along with the main. A quick stir fry is one of the best ways to create a healthy and delicious side dish for dinner. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the canola oil and heat.