Mix vegetable and mushroom rich Indian style gravy. A flavorful mushroom dish made with onion tomato base, bell peppers and freshly ground kadai masala. It is simply delicious & flavor packed. Serve kadai mushroom gravy with rice or roti or any Indian breads.
It is an excellent option of main course dish and can be served with rice, tandoori roti or naan. And how can you make gravy vegan? Technically, gravy is a mixture of meat drippings, flour, and stock. You can have Mix vegetable and mushroom rich Indian style gravy using 24 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mix vegetable and mushroom rich Indian style gravy
- You need of Mix veggies / ur choice of veggies /frozen mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped roughly.
- It’s 1/4 cup of french beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green bell peppers.
- You need of gravy puree.
- You need 1/2 of onions randomly cut.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell peppers.
- You need 8 piece of cashews.
- You need 5 piece of black peppercorn.
- You need 8 clove of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 small of tomato.
- It’s 1 small of ginger 1 inch.
- It’s 1 piece of green chilly (optional) if u like the heat.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of corriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of garnish.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped corriander leaves.
- It’s 1 pinch of garam masala powder( all spice mix powder).
- You need 1/4 cup of cream.
- It’s 1 of season with salt.
Here, you'll basically make vegetable drippings by sautéing umami-rich mushrooms and. As the oil begins to ooze out of the sides, add red chilli powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook for a few more minutes and add the roasted veggies and paneer. Mix well, add few tbsp of water if the gravy is dry.
Mix vegetable and mushroom rich Indian style gravy instructions
- Chop veggies as mentioned above or the ones u prefer to small pieces..
- Saute the veggies in a tspn of oil in the gravy puree section for about 5 mins in low heat until soft.add the cashews,fennel seeds, peppercorn,green chilly( optional) garlic pods and other powders mentioned in the gravy puree and saute them all for a minute or more and transfer into blender to pulvarise to a smooth puree. The colour should be almost light orangish..
- Heat pan,add a tablespoon of oil and saute the chopped veggies until soft,cover cook for 5-10 mins to soften them, pour in the ready puree and mix well,cover cook fr another 5-10 mins until boiling or spluttering,mix well so that they don't catch to the bottom of the pan, season with salt, pinch of garam masala and cream, stir once and garnish with corriander leaves.switch off gas immediately. Hot yummy gravy ready to be served with pulav,steamed rice or Indian rotis.
Add crushed kasoor methi and mix it well. Grind the blanched cashew nuts and onion along with chopped tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds to a smooth paste using very little water in a mixer grinder and keep aside. Popular North Indian gravies in restaurants. The Basic Kadai gravy needs no introduction. Featuring on top of the North Indian section, this gravy is perfect for Indian palate.