Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce. Red Sauce Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Spoon sauce over each cutlet and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Drop three-to-four spoonfuls of sauce in a baking dish, then spread around to cover the bottom of the dish. Lay chicken breasts on top of the sauce. Our sauce is a slow-cooked, rich red sauce, and a mixture of fresh mozzarella and real Parmigiano-Reggiano top it off. You can have Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce
- You need of pasta.
- You need of of thin spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare of red sauce.
- You need of whole garlic cloves diced.
- It’s of onions diced.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of fresh basil chopped. add to your liking. the more the better..
- You need of bay leaves.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of tomatoe paste.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of whole tomatoes.
- It’s of chicken parm.
- Prepare of italian seasoned crumbled breadcrumb.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of fresh cut parm cheese.
- It’s of mozzarella cheese.
- You need of salt pepper.
- You need of of chicken breast boneless.
- You need of cooking oil.
- Prepare of oregano.
- It’s of chopped parsley.
Why this recipe works: A buttermilk-based brine (spiked with garlic) improves flavor, tenderness, and moisture retention in our chicken cutlets. Using a mixture of fresh breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in the breading adds flavor. Heat oil until very hot and brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken to shallow baking dish and pour excess oil from pan.
Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Red Sauce step by step
- Before we start I just want to make it clear, all ingredients can be adjusted to your liking, such as you can add more herbs or reduce the amount, you can add more onions and garlic or reduce etc. I just suggest that you taste your sauce as you go and see what you like best 🙂 Dice your onion and garlic cloves and set aside. Pour into a kettle your olive oil and get hot. Once oil is hot add in your onions and garlic. Cook on medium for about 5 mins until onions are clear and transparent. Then you will need to take your tomatoes and drain out excess juice into a bowl as you may need if your sauce is to thick for your liking. Then take tomatoes and put them in a blender and puree them ( they will look foamy). Once blended pour the tomatoe puree into the kettle with the onions and the garlic. Then add in one can of tomato paste. Stir in. Then lightly chopped your basil and throw in the sauce . Add salt and pepper and oregano to taste and add a small pinch of sugar. Give it a stir. N.
- Slice all chicken breast long ways down the center. Pound out the chicken with a meat pounder until about 1/2 inch thick. I use wax or parch paper to wrap the chicken in while I pound the chicken. This prevents it from sticking. Pound lighty until you get the hang of it. Once pounded out you can cut them in half to make good portion size or leave it whole if you like but they will be very large pieces of chicken if so. Now beat your eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl your bread crumbs. Make sure oil is hot in your frying pan. Take the chicken pieces and dip in eggs and milk then dredge them into the breading on each side fully covered in bread crumbs and fry them until golden brown on both sides. You dont want them to be FULLY cooked as you will finish them off in the oven. Once they are browned remove them from the pan and lay on paper towel to drain oil..
- In a baking pan ( like a cake pan or something wide to fit all the chicken in side by side. I also cover the pan with Grill Foil to prevent any sticking from the breading of the chicken, Grill foil is the best as it doesnt allow sticking) take some sauce and layer the bottom of panlightly just to coat it with some of the sauce. Place your pieces of chicken on the sauce. Spoon more sauce over the chicken as you like. Not to heavy though. Then layer the parmesan cheese on each chicken piece. Then cover and bake for 20 mins on 375. After 20 mins uncover and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the chicken and then some parsley over the cheese and broil the top so the cheese is nicely toasted. I usually start on a low broil to melt and then once done turn on high broil to give the nice golden brown on the cheese. Just watch and keep an eye on it!.
- Once the chicken is done broiling, cover and set in oven on low warm so the cheese stays melted. Then boil your thin spaghetti noodles and once cooked then drain them. I let mine set to assure all water is off. Once drained place back in your boiling pan and I then take a couple tablespoons of oilive oil and toss in the noodles and then about 3 to 4 ladel dippers full of the red sauce and add in the noodles and toss it to mix. You can eyeball this for how much noodles you have to how much sauce you like. Then take the chicken out of the oven..
- Combine the perfet meal by taking pieces of chicken and lay on the plate. You can add more red sauce if you want on the chicken ( I would add to the side as it would cover your beautiful chicken and we dont want to do that!) ..I do cause the sauce is AMAZING. Then place some noodles on the plate beside the chicken or you can put noodels first and chicken on top. Which ever you like! Mmmmmmm heaven has arrived. People all over are asking me for this recipe so follow this step by step and you will succeed and you will never buy precanned or pre made marinara or spaghetti sauce again lol..enjoy ..tell me how you like it and picssssssss.
Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. You can eyeball this for how much noodles you have to how much sauce you like. Then take the chicken out of the oven.