Chicken Fajitas. Fajitas are wonderful served on homemade tortillas. For side dishes, try black beans with bell peppers and rice, tomato avocado salad, chicken tortilla soup or a colorful corn and bean salad. Homemade Chicken Fajitas Making homemade fajita seasoning is a lot easier than you might think, and you probably already have the ingredients in your spice cabinet.
Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil. You can cook Chicken Fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 4 tablespoons of canola oil, divided.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- You need 1/2 of medium green pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- Prepare 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 6 of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- It’s of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
Add the chicken, bell pepper and. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Easy Chicken Fajitas are one of our all-time favorite dinners.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
Tender juicy chicken breasts, fresh crisp peppers, and sweet onions tossed in an easy homemade seasoning and piled high in tortillas. Top these easy fajitas with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, and Pico de Gallo! We love fajitas at our house! For a casual, fun get-together, set up a make-your-own-fajitas bar with the chicken filling, avocado cream, sour cream, and any other toppings you love, like pico de gallo, sliced fresh jalapeños, or crisp radish slices. Looking for an easy chicken fajita recipe for an infusion of Mexican flavor at home?