Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Homemade Italian spaghetti sauce from an Italian family. The longer you cook it the better it tastes.
Stir to combine, and then add the sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper (if using) and bay leaves. Homemade spaghetti sauce is surprisingly uncomplicated and easy to make. Lots of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs comprise the ingredient list. You can have Homemade Spaghetti Sauce using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need of basil leaves.
- Prepare of fresh garlic.
- Prepare of fresh oregano.
- Prepare of fresh parsley.
- It’s of red onion (sliced).
- Prepare of green, red & yellow bell pepper (strips).
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- You need of sea salt.
- You need of fresh ground peppercorns.
- Prepare of Italian Seasoning.
- You need of 8oz. cans tomato paste.
- You need of Bertolli Sauce.
- It’s of red wine.
- Prepare of EVOO.
- You need of vine rippened tomatoes.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Hershey's Dark Chocolate (secret ingredient).
- You need of Meat.
- It’s of 80/20 cooked hamburger.
- Prepare of ground, cooked sausage.
- It’s of Utensils.
- Prepare of Cooking Pot (for sauce).
- You need of Skillet.
- It’s of Pairing Knife.
- Prepare of Wooden Spoon.
You may have everything you need right in your pantry. In no time, you can be simmering this delectable and classic sauce in a pot on your stove. The only attention it requires is a stir now and then. You'll love this homemade spaghetti sauce recipe.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce step by step
- 1/4 each tomato; take pairing knife n "fillet" skin off of tomato OR "flash steam" tomatoes n boiling water for 10-15 sec. till skin slides off; put in lg. cooking pot w/ 4 cps. water (don't throw skin away); put skin n Ziploc & put n fridge for my Bruschetta. Then slice peppers & onion, set aside..
- Cook n drain grease from hamburger n sausage. Combine, cover & set n bowl alone..
- Put tomato 1/4's & water & tomato paste n pot on stove n turn heat on low like simmer. Add meat. Stir frequently..
- Sauté peppers & onion n skillet w/ a drizzle of EVOO for 2-3 min. on MED heat. Add to pot. Stir..
- Add rest of ingredients "EXCEPT the Hershey's"!!!.
- Stir frequently & let simmer for 45 min. to 1hr. over low heat..
- Turn heat OFF. Now u can add secret ingredient. Stir until melted & cover..
- Add to your fav noodles. Enjoy with a tasty red wine..
Just the right thickness and so much flavor. The flavor is a bit different than this homemade spaghetti sauce (in order for the sauce to be safe for canning), but it's super tasty. Our recipe uses onions, garlic, dried herbs, crushed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar, salt and black pepper. It's almost as easy as using hacks to make store-bought tomato sauce taste better, but making it from scratch allows you to control the ingredients. This spaghetti sauce recipe may be the first thing I learned to cook, completely by myself, when I was really young.