Rhubarb Dessert. Fulfil Your Craving For Sweet With Our Delicious Dessert Recipes. Find Dessert Recipes That Will Satisfy Any Sweet Tooth. This rhubarb crumble ice cream combines two of my favorite desserts into one fantastic creation!
Layer together fresh strawberries and rhubarb slices with a mix of honey, cream cheese, and light sour cream. It tastes just like a slice of cheesecake, but with no extra sugar! Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake I prepare this colorful dessert quite often in the late spring or summer when fresh rhubarb is abundant. You can cook Rhubarb Dessert using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Dessert
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 5 cup of finely chopped rhubarb.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 5 tbsp of granulated sugar.
I make this rhubarb cake with cake mix and take it to church potlucks. People actually line up for a piece. Rhubarb jam is a deliciously tart spread that goes well on toast, in oatmeal, or baked into crumb bars. Rhubarb pie is also amazing and proves that rhubarb stands on its own and does not need.
Rhubarb Dessert step by step
- Mix the ingredients for the crust together in a bowl..
- Pat the mixture into an 11×8 baking pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes..
- Mix the egg yolks, whipping cream, sugar, and flour in a mixing bowl..
- Mix in the finely chopped rhubarb..
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake in the oven at 350 for 40-45 minutes..
- For the next steps with the meringue, DO NOT USE PLASTIC! This will kill your meringue due to oils in the plastics. Use metal or glass!.
- To make the meringue, add the egg whites, cream of tartar, and almond extract. Beat until foamy..
- Slowly and gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until each tablespoon is completely mixed in before you add the next..
- Using a metal spoon and knife, place the meringue on the baked custard. Add some swirls to make it look nice..
- Finally bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 350..
Rhubarb Crisp How beautiful is this? This no-churn ice cream is going to become your go-to Spring dessert. This sweet and tart Rhubarb Crisp has a filling made with fresh or frozen rhubarb covered generously with a simple oat crisp topping! It's an easy, delicious treat, especially when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Rhubarb is a "vegetable" that performs best in fruit dessert recipes with the help of a little sugar to balance its tartness!