Apple Pie Roll. Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean work surface with one corner facing you. Lightly brush the edges with water. Fold both sides of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the bottom corner and roll up as tightly as possible.
These easy apple pie egg rolls can be prepared as needed, using egg roll wrappers as vessels for the fruit rather than traditional pie crust. The air-fryer method of cooking results in a crispy, crunchy crust with a tender, juicy filling. Flavored cream cheese spread may be used instead of plain, depending on availability. You can have Apple Pie Roll using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Roll
- You need 1 of Stewed apple.
- Prepare 3 of pieces Castella sponge cut offs etc..
- It’s 5 of cm cube Baumkuchen.
- It’s 1 of Dorayaki.
- It’s 1 dash of Raisins.
- You need 1 of sheet Frozen puff pastry.
- It’s 1 dash of Egg yolk.
Combine cinnamon and sugar on a small plate. Pour the apple pie filling onto a plate and chop it so the pieces are smaller. Dip each roll into melted butter (I poured a tiny bit of butter into a "butter dish" and just rolled in there) and then roll in the cinnamon sugar. These apple pie-inspired crescent roll-ups are the perfect last-minute treat for any occasion.
Apple Pie Roll step by step
- Lay a large sheet of cling film over a sushi rolling mat. Then put the castella sponge, baumkuchen, dorayaki, stewed apple and raisins over the top..
- Top everything with some thin slices of castella sponge and roll the ingredients into a cylinder. Wrap the sushi rolling matt around the roll and let it sit in the freezer..
- Roll out the puff pastry and score in a hatched pattern..
- Then wrap the pastry around the roll and glaze with some beaten egg. Bake in the oven at 200℃ for 10 minutes, then drop the heat to 180℃ and bake for a further 13-15 minutes..
Fill a small dish with water and line a baking sheet with paper towels. Once the apple mixture has cooled completely, arrange the egg roll wrappers on a dry work surface then using a slotted spoon, portion about ¼ cup of the apple mixture in the lower third of each wrapper. Toss the sliced/diced apples in the lemon juice, then pour the dry mixture over apples. Stir the apples making sure they are coated well. Roll the tortilla and place in pan, seam down.