Dorayaki. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Traditional Japanese confection dorayaki is made of two hand-sized American-style pancakes sandwiched together with a sweet filling, the most popular of which is azuki red beans (). However, custard, chestnuts (kuri), and cream (matcha cream, cream with fruits, etc.) are also popular.
It consists of two small pancake-like patties made from castella wrapped around a filling of sweet azuki bean paste. The original Dorayaki consisted of only one layer. In Japanese, dora means "gong", and because of. You can cook Dorayaki using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dorayaki
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 75 g of sugar.
- You need 12 g of honey.
- Prepare 9,5 gr of Baking powder.
- Prepare 25 ml of Water (can be lesser so thicker).
- You need 100 gr of Flour.
- It’s 10 gr of Potato starch.
- You need 2 gr of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk.
Dorayaki (どら焼き) is best described as a dessert with red bean filling between two slices of sweet fluffy pancakes. Dorayaki are softer than a classic pancake, and besides, the word pankeki corresponds to a completely different kind of pancake in Japan. In the original recipe and like many traditional Japanese sweets, dorayaki are stuffed with sweet azuki paste (Japanese red beans). Dorayaki is a sweet that has been loved by all generations for its exquisite combination of Western-style pancakes and the Japanese sweet bean paste.
- Mix egg and sugar in a bowl.
- Add honey and soy sauce and mix again.
- Dissolve baking powder in water.
- Add sifted flour, potato starch and baking powder into egg mixture gradually.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Leave the dough for 30minutes or even overnight.
- Heat frying pan WITHOUT adding dough, wait until pan is HOT so that surface can be browned (use medium-low heat just enough to cover batter).
- Pour dough at 10cm above pan surface to make round dorayaki(no oil needed).
- Wait until surface bubbles then flip and wait for around 10s.
Dorayaki has a very distinct appearance – round pancakes are dark brown, as if they are burnt. But the surface is so smooth that it reminds me of perfection. Dorayaki is one of the most popular Japanese confectioneries. It is Anko (sweet red bean paste) sandwiched between sweet pancakes. It is a Japanese sweet beloved by the old and young.