Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches. Try A New Take On Grilled Cheese With Bays English Muffins. It Has Never Tasted So Good! Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices are a great choice for breakfast or lunch whenever you want something quick, satisfying and delicious.
Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a quick and simple sandwich recipe made with pan roasted tomatoes and cheese. This is almost the same as tomato cheese sandwich but with an addition of tomatoes and onions that are roasted on a tawa. This is almost the same as the simple cheese sandwich but with an addition of tomatoes and onions that are roasted on a tawa. You can cook Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches
- It’s 9 of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of black ground pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare leaves of fresh basil.
- Prepare of room temperature butter.
The roasting of tomatoes and onions lend a unique flavor to the sandwich. Tomatoes and onions can be roasted in a oven, grill pan or over direct fire. To make it quickly I have done it on a tawa/ griddle. Cover tomato slices with other slice of cheese, then cover with other piece of bread.
Roasted tomato grilled cheese sandwiches step by step
- Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.Serve immediately.
In the meantime, heat griddle or pan with butter and garlic power or minced garlic. Also spread butter on top of each side of bread. Grill until sandwich is brown on both sides and cheese is melted. The best grilled cheese and tomato sandwich is made with two semi-soft cheeses that are a little bit stickier than mozzarella or American cheese: sharp cheddar and Gruyère. Their flavors complement the tomato without overpowering it.