Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. What goes in Chicken Breast with Creamy Mushroom Sauce The creamy mushroom sauce in this recipe is an excellent sauce for chicken breast, adding richness to what is an otherwise very lean meat. And it's a notch above the usual basic mushroom sauce recipes, thanks to a splash of white wine, parmesan and chicken stock/broth. and pour the creamy mushroom sauce over the chicken. You might need less time for smaller pieces of chicken, or more time for larger pieces.
And yes, it's made completely from scratch. There's no condensed canned soups involved here. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flaten. You can cook Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- You need 1 of chicken breast, skin removed and fat trimmed.
- It’s 100 ml of fresh cream, equivalent to half a can.
- Prepare 2 of cheddar cheese slices, the ones used for cheese burgers.
- You need 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of paprika.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, basil and thyme. Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a must have dinner recipe! Lean chicken breasts are pan seared until golden brown and they become the perfect base to this rich, flavorful mushroom sauce. Trust me, it's a recipe you'll want on repeat!
Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce instructions
- To prepare chicken, trim fat from chicken breast. Slice the breast in two halves and carefully cut each breast half horizontally in the middle so that you have 4 thin slices..
- Rub the slices with vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika for a nice color..
- Cover and chill overnight..
- Remove chicken breast from freezer. Heat grill and cook till browned..
- To prepare the sauce, melt butter in a pan and add mushrooms. Stir for 1 minute..
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste..
- Then add the fresh cream and stir..
- Add the slices of cheddar till the cheese melts..
- Keep stirring the sauce on medium heat until it thickens to your preference of thickness..
- Place 2 chicken breast pieces in each plate, dress it with the sauce and serve it with fries or baked potatoes..
Tasty Chicken with Mushrooms White wine and chicken broth are simmered down to half, then a pat of butter and a dash of cream and a sprinkle of thyme makes for a creamy, easy sauce to drape on the golden browned breasts. What Type of Mushrooms Should I Use? Use as many varieties of mushrooms to complement the chicken that you crave. Tender chicken breast is seasoned and cooked with a ultra creamy sauce made with sautéed mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Mushroom Chicken – The EASY Way!