Cabbage-egg dinner. Add onion, reduce heat, and cover. HEAT olive oil in a large, nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat. ADD shredded cabbage, shitake mushrooms and salt, and SAUTE until soft.
Heat a large frying pan on a medium high heat. Stir every few minutes and if it starts to burn turn the heat down and add a few tablespoons of water. When the cabbage is soft turn down the heat to medium low. You can have Cabbage-egg dinner using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage-egg dinner
- You need 1 of full head of cabbage.
- You need 1 of large green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of large red or yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1 of scotch bonnet pepper (Atarugu).
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of black seeds (Habbatus-sauda).
- It’s 3 of seasoning cubes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black or white pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oregano (use thyme in absence of oregano).
- It’s of FOR THE SAUCE:.
- You need 10 of scotch bonnet peppers.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare of Water or meat stock.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of curry.
- You need of seasoning cube to taste.
I don\'t know how to call this dish: it is not a cake or pie, but it certainly looks like one; it doesn't seem to be a casserole, but you can bake it in a casserole pan, it does look similar to qui. The Best Cabbage Eggplant Recipes on Yummly I love how it poofs up out of the oven and the filling is just as tempting as the crust. Spread out the cabbage so that it makes an even layer in the bottom of the pan, then pour over the eggs.
Cabbage-egg dinner instructions
- Cut the cabbage in two, get rid of the hard middle and chop up the cabbage, wash and strain it..
- Cut the peppers and remove the seeds then dice them into cubes and keep aside as well..
- Put the cabbage in a bowl, crack the eggs and a whisk it well the pour the whisked eggs into the cabbage..
- Next, pour the diced peppers into the bowl of cabbage..
- Sift the flour and add this to the cabbage, as well as the bread crumbs followed by all the seasoning then give it all a good mix..
- Heat up a non stick frying pan and put 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Pour half of the vegetable mixture into the pan (depending on how big your pan is, you can pour all). Use a spoon to flatten the vegetables into the pan so it can come together, spinkle black seed all over then cover it to steam..
- Remove the cover and place a flat plate on the pan the using kitchen towel. Flip the feying pan upside down so that the vege-egg will fall on the plate, then place the pan back on the fire and slide it back into the frying pan. The cooked side will be facing up now. Cover it again and leave for about 5 minutes on low heat..
- Slide it on a serving plate and leave to cool for a minute then cut into desired shape for serving. Serve as it is to the kids but serve with hot sauce to adults..
- For the hot sauce, deseed 10 scotch bonnet peppers and 2 tomatoes and an onion then blend it smooth..
- In a small pot, put 1 cooking spoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of palm oil on fire, when it heats up, fry the blended pepper..
- Once fried, add little water or meat stock and season it to taste. Serve the sauce with your cabbage-egg dinner..
On the outside, these golden buns resemble ordinary dinner rolls. But one bite reveals the tasty, cheesy beef filling inside. —Sharon Leno, Keansburg, New Jersey. Here is one of my favorite ways to cook and enjoy cabbage. It has all the good flavor of regular cabbage rolls, but it. Mix cabbage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cream of celery soup, and butter in a large bowl.