PHILLY STYLE VINEGAR SAUCE. Great recipe for PHILLY STYLE VINEGAR SAUCE. I've been trying to make this for a while now. I've tried different recipes but none hit the spot.
Heat milk and cream cheese over low heat stirring. until smooth. Taste for seasoning, adding pepper as needed. Transfer to a clean, sterile jar and refrigerate. You can cook PHILLY STYLE VINEGAR SAUCE using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of PHILLY STYLE VINEGAR SAUCE
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- It’s of dark brown sugar.
- You need of kosher salt.
- You need of Chipotle pepper flakes / hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare of Chipotle hot sauce.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of liquid smoke.
Instructions Melt butter and slowly add flour, stirring constantly. More vinegar or water may be added if too thick. Combine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As far as I'm concerned, either way can be good.
PHILLY STYLE VINEGAR SAUCE instructions
- This recipe is short and sweet. Pour all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil..
- Stir until the alternative and sugar have dissolved completely..
- Turn off and let cool to room temperature. Put in squeeze bottle and enjoy :-).
From what I have seen, traditional Vinegar sauce doesn't use ketchup. But if Vinegar, Red Pepper, Salt, and Texas Pete are the foundation, I think it can pass as NC style Vinegar Sauce. Here are the steps to make spicy, tangy, vinegar-based bbq sauce. I hope you love it as much as we do! Place apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a sauce pan.