Oil-free Soaked Cornbread. Great recipe for Oil-free Soaked Cornbread. This is especially important for people consuming corn as their main grain. Add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar into a small bowl.
Vegan and made without oil, coconut, or refined sugar; can be nut-free, soy-free, and gluten-free, as well. Hot tip: slice open a piece of cornbread and enjoy with strawberry jelly and almond butter. Lately, I've been baking up another cornbread recipe that is VERY GOOD and not so heavy on the fats. You can have Oil-free Soaked Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oil-free Soaked Cornbread
- You need of Organic Corn flour.
- It’s of Organic non-bleached white flour.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of lime juice (or apple cider vinegar).
- You need of raw cane sugar.
- It’s of non-filtered honey (or maple syrup).
- It’s of apple sauce.
- It’s of baking powder.
I used it for my cornbread stuffing this past Thanksgiving. Now, I'm baking up a batch every time I pressure cook a pot of pinto beans. Oil Free Cornbread Muffins Cut out the refined oil in your cornbread muffins and let the natural sweetness of corn shine by adding whole kernels of corn to your recipe! These muffins are loaded with natural flavors and are a perfect side to a soup, stew, or chili.
Oil-free Soaked Cornbread step by step
- Combine corn flour, white flour with water and lime juice in a big bowl stir until Incorporated. Allow it to soak 8-24 hours depends on your schedule.
- After soaking, add sugar, honey and applesauce. Mix well..
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Once it reaches the desired temperature, spray your baking pan with olive oil or grease it with butter..
- Finally add baking powder, mix and quickly pour the batter into your baking pan..
- Bake the bread in the middle rack of your oven for 20 minutes until an inserted a toothpick come out clean.
They are also a good addition to your morning routine or even as a mid-day snack. Home » Sides » Oil Free Vegan Cornbread [Whole Wheat Option]. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, meaning if you click through and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Homemade plant-based cornbread that is deliciously soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. In addition to organic corn meal, this recipe is made using whole wheat flour, no oil, and no refined sugar.