Kale, Beef, and Bacon. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until medium-crisp (or however you prefer your bacon). Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. Here is how you cook it. The ingredients needed to make Kale. You can have Kale, Beef, and Bacon using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kale, Beef, and Bacon
- Prepare of Kale——————.
- It’s of kale before cooking.
- You need of water.
- You need of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare of bacon.
- Prepare of Beef————————–.
- Prepare of ground chuck.
- Prepare of finely diced potatoes.
- Prepare of dehydrated onions.
Add the oil to a large skillet and fry the bacon until cooked and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the pan, leaving behind the bacon grease. Turn the heat to high and add in the kale and stir constantly in the oil so every thing is coated. In a large saute pan, add butter and bacon and cook over medium heat until bacon begins to crisp and renders its fat.
Kale, Beef, and Bacon instructions
- To a pot add the bacon..
- Render the fat from the bacon for 7 minutes. Add the water, salt, sugar and vinegar..
- Boil for 5 minutes..
- Add the kale into the liquids a little at a time let it wilt. It will loose 75% of volume..
- Simmer covered 30 minutes adding water as needed I added a cup in a half extra. Add the ground beef and cook till no longer pink. Mix well..
- Add the diced potatoes and onions..
- Cook 15 minutes covered. Adjust seasonings..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Ground beef and kale mix is one of his favourites. It literally takes me less than twenty minutes to make the meal which works when I do not feel like slaving away at the stove, which is often. Set a large, heavy pot or skillet over medium heat; add bacon and cook to desired crispness. Remove bacon from pot and set aside; leave bacon drippings in pot. Add onions to pot cut side down.