Simple dinner rolls. Find Deals on Hawaiian Dinner Rolls in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. Easy dinner rolls are my solution. A basic recipe for the best dinner rolls, I also throw in fresh herbs, garlic or sun dried tomatoes, but one thing remains the same: butter.
Soft and fluffy, my dinner roll recipe is going to blow you away with it's pillowy texture and buttery flavor. They are extremely versatile and a welcome addition to essentially every meal. Press each piece into a disk, then shape into a ball. You can have Simple dinner rolls using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple dinner rolls
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry active yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk or any that you have. i have used evaporated as well.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Dinner rolls are such a perfect side dish for so many recipes ranging from easy weeknight casseroles to the essential accompaniment to Thanksgiving Dinner. Today I thought I'd share my basic recipe for homemade dinner rolls made from scratch, with no bread machine required! They are fast and easy too, which is a HUGE bonus, in my book. If you want perfectly round and uniform dinner rolls you can sprinkle some flour on your counter and gently roll each ball using the cupped palm of your hand.
Simple dinner rolls step by step
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast, butter and salt. Mix well with a fork.
- Heat water and milk to 120°F. Add it to the flour mixture along with the egg. Be sure not to curdle the egg. Add enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Usually i add another 1 1/4 cups of flour depending on the humidity in your kitchen. Por the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth about 3-5 minutes. Place the dough in a well oiled bowl and cover with a dampened kitchen towl in a warm spot. Let rise for about 45 minutes..
- Once dough has risen, punch down and proceed to divide the dough into 15 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball keeping surface smooth. Place the dough ball in a buttered 13×9 baking dish. Continue until you have all the dough rolled. Let the dough sit another 10 minutes if desired. Once ready to bake, sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and place in an oven at 350°F for about 12-18 minutes or until golden brown. When they are done, you can brush melted butter on top. Enjoy..
It's a gentle and effective technique and works quickly when you master it. Remove dinner rolls from the oven when they are golden brown. Prep your oven and baking dish. In a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, stir together the water and melted butter, then add in the milk and honey and stir until combined. There is truly no smell as amazing as fresh warm bread or rolls coming out of the oven!