Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing. In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour buttermilk mixture into the chocolate mixture, and stir. Pour the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture.
Add buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. You can have Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing
- It’s 2 cup of Granulated sugar-Cake.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Heaping choc Cocoa-Cake.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs- beaten-Cake.
- Prepare 2 cup of All purpose flour-Cake.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract-Cake.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda-Cake.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt-Cake.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil-Cake.
- You need of Eggs.
- You need 1 stick of UNSALTED Butter (do not substitute)-Cake.
- You need 1/2 cup of Buttermilk-Cake.
- It’s 1 cup of Boiling water-Cake.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- You need 4 tbsp of Heaping choc Cocoa-Icing.
- You need 1 1/2 stick of Butter (do not sub)-Icing.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Whole milk or 3 tbsp each of whole and buttermilk-Icing.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped pecans/walnuts or candy bar (I didn't add them them this time)-Icing.
- You need 3 cup of Powder confectioners sugar-Icing.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract-Icing.
While cake is baking, make the icing. I have the most amazing chocolate cake recipe for you that is rich and moist and has absolutely the most incredible chocolate flavor. Not only is the cake itself a mouthwatering creation, but the homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting we top it with is a creamy, one-of-a-kind icing. Get a glass of milk, and let's make some dessert.
Chocolate Sheet Cake (so MOIST) and Icing instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, and salt..
- In a saucepan on stove, melt together the butter, oil and cocoa. Add boiling water, stir then allow mixture to boil for a minute, then turn off heat. Pour it over your bowl of flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool..
- In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla..
- Pour buttermilk mixture into the chocolate mixture, and stir..
- Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes..
- Directions For the ICING: When cake is about 5 min from being done, start making the icing/frosting: It is important that your cake is still hot/warm when you pour the icing on it..
- Melt butter in another saucepan. Add cocoa, stir to combine, then turn off heat. Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Stir together until smooth..
- Add the pecans/nuts, stir together, and pour and spread over warm cake. Let cool for a little bit on counter..
- A pic of it sliced..
Combine butter, water, and cocoa powder for cake in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter has melted and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. It is a rich, moist, chocolatey cake topped with one of the best boiled chocolate frostings you have ever had! This easy chocolate sheet cake is moist, fudgy, and way better than any box mix.