Creamy Mushroom Chicken. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir until coated.
The creamy gravy is just begging to be served with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes! One of the top recipes on the blog is for Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops BAKED. When mixture starts boiling, add the chicken meat and simmer all together until chicken is cooked through. You can cook Creamy Mushroom Chicken using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Prepare 4 large of chicken breasts (or favorite cut of chicken or pork).
- You need of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 medium of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 lb of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sherry (or dry red wine) (optional – sub w/stock or water).
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1/2 can of heavy cream.
- Prepare of slices of muenster cheese (or favorite type).
Creamy mushroom chicken is the perfect recipe when you need dinner on the table fast. Delicious, easy and a guaranteed family favorite! Creamy mushroom-anything is pretty much a constant in our house. This creamy mushroom chicken recipe has the most deliciously tender pan-fried chicken smothered in a garlicky mushroom sauce.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9 baking dish or casserole dish with non-stick spray & set aside..
- Wash & pat dry chicken (or pork). The original recipe calls for chicken breasts, I used chicken tenders because that's what I had on hand, but this would also be great with pork chops/steaks..
- Salt & pepper both sides of meat, then coat in flour shaking off excess..
- In a large fry pan, brown meat in olive oil just until brown. It does not need to be cooked all the way through as it will finish cooking in the oven. Remove browned meat to casserole dish & set aside..
- In same fry pan, melt butter and saute onions until soft. Add garlic & mushrooms and saute 1-2 minutes more until garlic is fragrant. Stir in sherry (or wine) and saute about 5-10 minutes to cook off alcohol and reduce down about half. You can substitute chicken stock or water for non-alcoholic version. Stir in mushroom soup. Using same can measure out heavy cream and add to pan..
- Pour soup mixture over meat in casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 20 minutes to finish cooking meat. Remove foil and top each piece of meat with cheese and back another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown..
- To serve – spoon additional gravy over meat. Enjoy..
It's quick and easy – it can be on your table in half an hour. My creamy chicken recipes are some of my readers' favorites. In particular, my Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe is well-loved. The creamy mushroom sauce in this recipe is an excellent sauce for chicken breast, adding richness to what is an otherwise very lean meat. And it's a notch above the usual basic mushroom sauce recipes, thanks to a splash of white wine, parmesan and chicken stock/broth.