Vegetable Momos. Momos, originating from Tibet is a hugely popular street food in the country, largely in North-India. A versatile food that it is, we have a wide variety available from chicken, mutton to what we. Veg momos or dim sum are steamed dumplings stuffed with a lightly spiced vegetable filling.
Mix them together with the oil till well-blended. Add water, a little at a time, and keep kneading till you get a pliant dough. Get the filling ready These Tibetan momos are a food that is as cute as the name sounds! You can cook Vegetable Momos using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Momos
- It’s of Maida/all-purpose flour.
- You need of cold water.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Cabbage chopped.
- It’s of Carrot chopped.
- It’s of Beans chopped.
- Prepare of capsicum chopped.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of black Pepper Powder.
- You need of Green chilli chopped.
- You need of Ginger chopped.
- You need of Garlic chopped (optional).
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of Ajinomoto is optional.
We're talking dumplings, stuffed with a delicious cabbage, carrot, and onion filling. Spiced with garlic, ginger, cilantro, and a very generous amount of black pepper. Vegetable momo is a Nepali recipe. Usually meat is used to stuff these momos but I make typical Indian stuffing such as some fresh vegetables or sometimes, I add paneer as well.
Vegetable Momos instructions
- Mix together all the ingredients for stuffing and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes put in a muslin cloth and remove water. Put in a bowl..
- Knead the flour with the ingredients mentioned for 10to 15 minutes..
- Wrap in a cling film and keep aside in a cool place preferably in fridge.
- Take small balls and roll out thin. Keep stuffing in the centre and fold into desired shape.
- Steam for 20 to 25 mts.Girst 10 mts on high flame and then lower to low flame and cook till done.
- Enjoy with hot chilli chutney and Mayonnaise..
Momos can be steamed or fried. Steamed one are healthier but if you are looking for crunchy texture of these momos, you can fry. firstly, knead the dough well; else the momos will be chewy. also, add vegetables of your choice in momos stuffing. additionally, steam the momos just before serving. cooled momos will not taste great. finally, veg momos recipe tastes great when prepared with spicy and with more filling. Vegetable momos are unusual in Tibet. However, this recipe was developed at one of thr Tibetan farming settlements in south India, where meat is an expensive luxury. Recipe from the Lhasa Moon Tibetan Cookbook.