15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in. It is one of my favorites food recipes.
Soak your beans in bowl of water overnight. In large stock pot saute your onion and pepper in oil until tender. Add in your water, ham bone, ham and beans and bring to a boil. You can have 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- It’s 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- You need 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 4 cups of filtered water.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of ham hock.
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- You need of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of For rice ?.
- Prepare 3 cups of white instant rice.
- You need 3 cups of filtered water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
Serve this tasty soup with cornbread or crusty rolls. Feel free to add spinach or escarole to the soup, or add some corn kernels. Place rinsed beans in a slow cooker with the bell pepper, onion, chicken broth, and water. Add the sausage and tomatoes to the slow cooker, along with the packet of Cajun seasoning.
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice step by step
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
This recipe really shines for the ultimate bean soup recipe. This makes close to a quart. And if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe. But, don't be intimidated by this. If you are a regular reader of Gonna Want Seconds, you know that I love Cajun food!