Lemon Cookies (Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies) ★Recipe Video★. Put a small amount of the lemon glaze on the cookie and spread. Glazed Lemon Cookies are sweet frosted lemon butter cookies made with fresh lemons. This delicious lemon cookie recipe is the perfect amount of sweet and tart.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. You can have Lemon Cookies (Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies) ★Recipe Video★ using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Cookies (Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies) ★Recipe Video★
- You need of ■For the cookies.
- You need of (2.5 oz, about 1/3 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- It’s of (about 1/10 tsp) salt.
- It’s of vanilla oil.
- It’s of (about 4 Tbsp) almond flour.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of egg white, room temperature.
- Prepare of and 1/2 Tbsp) cake flour.
- Prepare of ■For the glaze.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Buttery Lemon Shortbread Cookies with a Glaze are light and fresh with vibrant sweet and sour flavors that are surprisingly easy to create! Every bite is packed with a burst of lemon flavor and the shortbread has the perfect dense, buttery texture that will make this your new favorite cookie! This delicious recipe comes from Cook's Illustrated. DH and I made these cookies for Christmas and everyone raved about them.
Lemon Cookies (Glazed Lemon Butter Cookies) ★Recipe Video★ instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/NtYy88dMaGc.
- Sift cake flour twice; set aside..
- Cream unsalted butter until soft. Add powdered sugar in 3 parts. Mix each time until combined..
- Mix it with a whisk for 3 mins until it becomes white and fluffy..
- Add 3-4 drops of vanilla oil and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Add almond flour. Mix it until combined while crushing lumps..
- Add egg white and lemon juice. Mix while cutting it and stir well until smooth..
- Add all the flour. Mix it while cutting it, scooping sometimes. Mix it until the large lumps form..
- Place the dough on plastic wrap. Press lightly to flatten..
- Repeat folding and pressing 4-5 times until unevenness disappears. Shape it square and wrap it with plastic wrap. Let it sit in a fridge for 2-3 hours (If possible, overnight)..
- Take the dough out of the fridge, leave it for 5-10 mins to soften. Press it lightly to soften. Cut in half..
- Roll each out into 5mm (0.2'') thick. Let them sit in a freezer for 30 mins. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374F..
- Take one out of the freezer. Cut it with a 5cm (2'') cookie cutter. (If you use a larger cutter, you should roll out the dough to 3mm (0.1'') thick to get a crispy texture.) Take out the other one and cut out..
- Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 18-20 mins or until light brown. Let it cool thoroughly. Freshly baked cookies are soft but become crisp when cooled..
- 【For the glaze】Put powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mix well until smooth. Put a small amount of the lemon glaze on the cookie and spread..
- Repeat putting and spreading 2-3 times and use up the glaze. Bake it at 200℃ / 392F for 1 min to dry the glaze. Let it cool. It's all done!!.
According to Cook's Illustrated, the dough will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to two weeks. The cookies are best eaten the day they are glazed. In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter with the confectioners' sugar until very smooth, about. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Place butter in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until very creamy.