Caramel Popcorn. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanuts, almonds, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, peanut butter and molasses.
Use a large saucepan to prepare the caramel; the baking soda will cause the mixture to foam up. I have noticed that a lot of caramel popcorn recipes out there just don't have the right caramel to popcorn ratio. They're either too sticky, or too hard. You can cook Caramel Popcorn using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Popcorn
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbs of baking soda.
- It’s 2 gallons of popped corn (from 2 cups popcorn kernels).
With a little trial and error, I believe I've created the Best Caramel Popcorn you can find! The caramel is made on the stove, without the need of a candy thermometer. Our Easy Homemade Caramel Corn is a family favorite. It is super yummy and super easy.
Caramel Popcorn step by step
- Preheat the oven to 250°F..
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat and cook for 5 min..
- Add baking soda. Stir it quickly..
- Put popcorn in a roasting pan or baking sheet pan..
- Pour the hot butter mixture over the popcorn. Stir well..
- Bake and stir every 10 min, until all the popcorn is completely coated and golden brown, about 30 to 40 min..
- Let it cool in the pan before storing to a sealed container..
And you don't need Corn Syrup for this recipe. We've tried a lot of recipes looking for good, Easy Homemade Caramel Corn that doesn't use corn syrup. We've finally found one that we love. This popcorn tastes amazing … buttery and caramel-y just the. Crispy, chewy, buttery, salty and sweet!