Southern Sweet Potato Pie. Sweet Potato Pie W/ Marshmallow Meringue. Southern Sweet Potato Pie Recipe, made from scratch. … My Aunt Bessie, was one of my mothers sisters. Her family lived in another town from us and I didn't really get to spend a lot of time with them while I was growing up.
Pour sweet potato batter into pie crust. Excess batter can be reserved for another use. Southern Sweet Potato Pie This Mississippi sweet potato pie is very popular in the South. You can cook Southern Sweet Potato Pie using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- You need 2 of Large Sweet Potates.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of regular saugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of -8 -9 inch pan pie crust.
- You need 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
It's a particular favorite at our house because we always have plenty of sweet potatoes in our garden. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. Don't get us wrong—the new school of cooking is fantastic. After all, it gave us air fryers!
Southern Sweet Potato Pie step by step
- I bake my sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size. Of the potatoes You can boil them if you like .I use a baking pan . bake on 350 for 45 to 1 hour. When done let cool for 1 hour. In a bowl mash the potatoes with a potato masher, Add.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar. 1/2 cup White sugar . Melt butter add to the mixture add milk , 2 beaten eggs , add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Let sweet potato pies bake for 30 to 45 minutes on 350 cool for 1 hour before serving…
But sometimes, you've just got to go old-school with your recipes, and this old-fashioned Southern Sweet Potato Pie recipe is proof that this time-tested recipe is just the way to go. This Thanksgiving, you'll certainly find this dish in a place of honor, and since Paula's never been one to. Southern Sweet Potato Pie should be easy and delicious and filled with tons of warm fall flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg. Holiday baking is a lot of work so we're not going to stress with this old fashioned dessert. If you love this southern pie, you'll also enjoy southern candied yams, and southern peach cobbler.