Easy and Authentic Shrimp With Chili Sauce. Great recipe for Easy and Authentic Shrimp With Chili Sauce. I cut out the step of deep frying the shrimp, and just mixed the seasonings together for the sauce. It's an easy recipe but tastes authentic!
Shrimp in Chili Sauce, often called "Ebi Chili" in Japanese, is stir-fried shrimp in a flavorful ginger-garlic chili sauce. This is not a traditional Japanese dish, but it is one of the most popular kinds of Chinese food for Japanese home cooking, like Gyoza and Mabo Tofu. Shrimp in Chili Sauce, often called "Ebi Chili" in Japanese, is stir-fried shrimp in a flavorful ginger-garlic chili sauce. You can cook Easy and Authentic Shrimp With Chili Sauce using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy and Authentic Shrimp With Chili Sauce
- You need of Shrimp (8 to 10 cm long with shells on).
- It’s of Salt, pepper, and sake (to flavor the shrimp).
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of knob Ginger.
- Prepare of Japanese leek.
- It’s of Doubanjiang.
- Prepare of ■ Ketchup.
- It’s of ■ Sake.
- Prepare of ■ Sugar.
- Prepare of ■ Soy sauce.
- It’s of ■ Chicken soup stock granules.
- You need of ■ Katakuriko.
- Prepare of ■ Water.
- Prepare of Katakuriko.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Bok choy (optional).
This is not a traditional Japanese dish, but it is one of the most popular kinds of Chinese food for Japanese home cooking, like Gyoza and Mabo Tofu. Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Prepare Shrimp: Dredge the shrimp thoroughly through the flour and shake off any excess flour. Transfer the peppercorns to a mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder.
Easy and Authentic Shrimp With Chili Sauce step by step
- Remove the shells and tails off the shrimp and de-vein. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry. Flavor with salt, pepper and sake, and let rest..
- Boil the bok choy and arrange on the serving plate..
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger, and leek..
- Mix the ■ together and avoid clumps (if you mix all the ingredients except the water first, then add the water, you can avoid clumps). This is the sauce for the shrimp..
- Coat the shrimp from Step 1 with katakuriko, and shake off the excess..
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan and cook the shrimp on both sides. When the shrimp cooks, wipe off the excess oil from the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon..
- Push the shrimp to the side and the oil to the empty space. Put the doubanjiang in the empty space and stir fry quickly. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry..
- When it becomes fragrant, add the leek and stir fry quickly..
- When the leek is cooked, mix with the shrimp..
- Give another good stir to the sauce from step 4 and pour into the pan. Stir and simmer..
- When the sauce comes to a boil and is thickened, the dish is done..
- Transfer to the serving plate lined with bok choy..
Make Sauce: In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients together. Combine chili sauce, oil, lime juice and soy sauce. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. This Asian style stir fried chili garlic sauce with shrimp or prawns is juicy, spicy and sweet. In Asian cuisine, shrimp or prawns are often cooked as a whole that have head and shell on.