Southern Homemade Fried Chicken. Looking for recipes from world-class chefs that will impress family, friends or guests? Get access to daily recipes, tips, product recommendations & so much more! Browse Our Fast & Easy Fried Chicken Recipes Collection.
Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken! Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. You can have Southern Homemade Fried Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Homemade Fried Chicken
- It’s 3 of bone or boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 2 each of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of season-all.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Louisiana Hot sauce.
In another bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture. This ensures the chicken is juicy and can help the flour stick better. Replace the milk with evaporated milk if you prefer.
Southern Homemade Fried Chicken step by step
- Mix eggs and hot sauce in bowl. Cut chicken to appropriate size if with bone or leave whole, up to you..
- Set deep fryer to 375°F. Mix flour and all other dry ingredients in large bowl. Sift together..
- Dip chicken in flour. Then into egg wash. Then REDIP in flour..
- Place in fryer. Once the piece floats and has nice crisp brown coating remove and place in container lined with paper towels to wick away extra grease..
- Enjoy. Cooking time may vary with size of chicken piece. Please cut into thickest portions to assure it is fully done..
Use a seasoned salt blend as a substitute for the salt and pepper. It doesn't get any finer than Southern fried chicken. Whether it's a recipe Mama made growing up or one that was passed along by a friend, the best fried chicken recipes are those shared from one Southerner to another. That's how the secrets get baked, well fried, in. Now our Test Kitchen is here to pass along what we think is simply the easiest fried chicken recipe around.